How to Maintain Overall Healthcare During COVID-19
Taking care of yourself should be at the top of your list every other day. As the world is facing a pandemic that has claimed many lives, that statement cannot be emphasized enough. How you lead your everyday life should now be channeled towards a healthy lifestyle, not just for you, but for everyone around you.
COVID-19 is a pandemic that affects your respiratory system, and slowly weaken your body’s immune system. Medical experts globally are, therefore, advising people to take better care of their health. This also involves visiting a medical clinic near you in Menlo Park, CA when you have an ailment that could threaten your entire health.
What Does Overall Healthcare Entail?
When it comes to caring for your health, there is no one-off tip that addresses all areas of your body. Healthcare involves intentional effort in catering to the different aspects of your body. Some of the factors that matter in taking care of your entire body health include the following:
- Physical exercise – even with social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, you can still indulge in physical exercise. While going out to your favorite gym may not be an option right now, consider other ways to get in the work. You can use social media platforms to find body exercise routines that you can try out from the comfort of your home. Even if you have had weight loss treatment in Menlo Park CA, your doctor must have mentioned the importance of regular physical exercise to maintain the new weight.
- Oral hygiene – many people do not remember to cater to their oral cavities when talking about body healthcare. Truth is, your oral cavity directly impacts the outcome of your health. Remember that your mouth is the first contact point of the things that make it to the rest of your body.
- Hydration – there is no better time to hydrate like right now. Drink more water than you have been before. Keeping your body hydrated is a great way to detox your system and keep diseases out of your system. This is one of the major tips to increase immune power while at home.
- Healthy dietary options – the foods you eat will affect the outcome of your health. For the first time in a long time, everyone needs to be home, to protect themselves from the COVID-19 virus. That said, there will be less of takeouts and eating out, and more of cooking at home. Therefore, use this opportunity to cook healthy foods that will benefit your immune system. If you have a nutritionist you can consult, talk to them about the best recommendations. Other than that, work to stay within your daily calorie requirements.
Foods to Eat to Maintain Weight
It is one thing to talk about healthy foods, but a whole different thing to choose which ones that are healthy. If you are not used to eating healthy, it can be overwhelming to choose what is helpful from what is not. The idea is to choose foods that will help you maintain your current weight, all while ensuring you are well-nourished. Remember, if you are malnourished, your body will not be immune to diseases like COVID-19. Some of the foods you should eat, therefore, include the following:
- Vegetables – you can never go wrong with vegetables. Try out as many veggies as possible. Switch them up until you find your favorites. A nice trick to help you be fond of veggies is to cook them differently. Try boiling them, grilling them, or sautéing them. Another tip is to opt for dark leafy veggies as they have more nutritional value.
- Calcium-rich foods – this includes fat-free yogurts, low-fat milk, and other dairy products.
- Fresh herbs – they are a great addition to the flavors in your meals. Besides, they are loaded with minerals, fibers, and vitamins, which are all great for your body.
- Healthy proteins – you can get these from legumes like beans, or lean means, fish, and nuts.
- Fruits – acidic fruits are great for your immune system. This includes oranges, pineapples, mangoes, kiwis, and even tomatoes. Better yet, make a smoothie to add variety in your consumption of fruits.